Thursday 5 December 2013

Plettenberg Bay

A trip down to Plettenberg Bay for 3 days was a perfect little holiday before we hiked the Otter Trail with Carmen, Stuart & Nox. We managed to score accomodation at a holiday house for next to nothing & ended up being a 100m up the road from the lagoon & close to the main bustling part of Plett, so it was the perfect place.

Early the next morning, I went to check out the lagoon so I could get some sunrise pics & what a beautiful spot. I strolled around for about 3hrs with a coffee cup in my pocket exploring, amusing myself, looking for sea urchins & pansy shells.

Later I bungee jumped off the Bloukrans bridge (check out my previous post) & then checked out BIRDS OF EDEN. This place looks so deceiving from the outside but really is an awesome place, especially if you want a Rosy ring-necked parakeet mating with you on your shoulder & then regurgitate food into your ear (literally happened to me,its still surreal).
I ended up with the nickname "ACE" as in ACE VENTURA for our whole trip.

The next day I took Robyn to check out the lagoon before we got all our preperations ready for the otter trail & pretty much chillaxed.
A puzzle that Carmen found had us "relaxing" in the evenings.

On our last day we went for a day walk at ROBBERG ISLAND checking out the beautiful scenery & the stinky seals. This is a must if you come here but be prepared.
We ended up back at the lagoon later that evening, meeting all the others from CapeTown that were joining us on the hike while having a picnic dinner around a little fire.

All in all, I think 3 days is not merely enough to check out this kiff place. Next time I'll definately have my bodyboard & more time on my hands.














No comments:

Post a Comment